Along with toddlers dressed in faux fur vests and the widespread availability of croissants, I am ranking sleeping with a duvet covers sans
top sheet as one of my favorite things so far about living in France.
I'm a hospital corners kind of gal, so I was a bit timid about the whole loosey-goosey European custom of sleeping with just a fitted sheet and a duvet cover. I put the blame for this rigidity on my Puritan ancestors who must have thought the lack of a restrictive top sheet could lead to all kinds of bedroom shenanigans!
Well, I am now one of the converted! I can't imagine a better, more comfortable way to sleep and when I return to the States next year I plan on continuing the practice.
There are so many colorful duvets out there, the only question will be which one to choose! Check out these options:
1. From Dwell Studio the Gate Ash duvet
2. West Elm has a number of affordable organic cotton options including the Carved Circles duvet
3. Also organic, this peppy Gion duvet
from CB2 might help you jump out of bed in the morning! $99.95-$109
4. Garnet Hill has some of the prettiest patterns around including this Mums duvet
in a crisp cotton percale, $88-$168
5. From 2Modern, Inhabit's Nourish in Amber
duvet is simple, yet striking. $170-$210
Do you sleep without a top sheet? If not, would you ever consider making the switch?
Images: 1. Dwell Studio, 2. West Elm, 3. CB2, 4. Garnet Hill, 5. 2Modern