A Way To Garden post My pet peeve: dyed mulch. What's yours? goes hand-in-hand with Tanya Lacourse's Why, Oh, Why The Orange Mulch? for Apartment Therapy from back in June. Obviously, dyed mulch evokes very strong emotions. What gardening trends, products, or ill-advised attempts drive you crazy? Some of my favorite pet peeves from the A Way To Garden commenters include:
- Sprinklers on in the rain — think of all the wasted water!
- White gravel — it always makes me think of mothballs
- Artificial flowers in the garden — I've never seen this, but I'm going to go ahead & join right in on hating it
- Little plastic fences "protecting" flower beds — it's like those are designed to cause rage
- Ivy allowed to strangle trees — so tragic