The iconic Eames rocker is a well-loved addition to many nurseries that we have featured here. Most nursery rockers and gliders tend towards enormity, but this little workhorse is a stylish small space wonder that's great for nursing, reading, or just hanging out.
Designed in 1948, the Eames' borrowed techniques for molding plastic from World War II research to create a plastic chair with a more organic, body-contoured form. It became the first mass produced plastic chair and the rocker version was, for a time, given by manufacturer Herman Miller to all pregnant employees. Herman Miller later sold the shell molds to LA-based Modernica who manufactures them under the name "Fiberglass Shell Chair".
1. Israel's European Room in Idaho
2. "Baby Callen's" Festive Ferris Wheel
3. My Room: Blaise
4. Nursery Tour: Clean + Modern In Seattle
5. My Room: Finn
6. Gus's Modern Nursery on a Budget
7. Nursery Tour: Kenzie's Yellows, Whites, and Designer Chairs
8. Osiana's Modern Baby Nursery
9. Nursery Tour: Penny Lou's Ode to Mary Blair Art
10. My Room: Aden