With news of China being rocked by a magnitude 7.9 earthquake, we're reminded 1) how you never know when disaster will strike 2) how quickly life can change and 3) how grateful we are that we're back from China. Of course California is certainly not immune to disaster, be better prepared with these kits and tips:
Here are some suggested supplies and resources:
At the very least, have these things on hand:
• Drinking Water: 1 gallon per person per day
• A radio that that doesn't need electricity
Important documents in a ready to go portable file box
• Flashlights and extra batteries
• Canned food and energy bars for sustenance
• Extra toiletries and sunscreen (and tp)
• To cut down on the space that all of this is taking up, we read a great tip about putting camping gear and earthquake supplies together so they're easy to grab and consolidated.
Have we missed anything?
[image from Day Life]