Come fall, it's time to bring the outdoors inside. Making fresh floral garland is an easy project that gives flowers one last hurrah before the cold settles in. They are beautiful alternatives to buying decorations, and the bright oranges, yellows, and golds pretty much kill it in the color department. Here are five projects using different types of flowers.
- Emily + Erick of Hello Home Shoppe created fresh garland out of mums and acorns for Poppytalk. The contrasting textures compliment each other nicely.
- Studio Choo, in a post for Design Sponge, used strawflowers from a local farmers market, in a range of colors, to create a gradient effect.
- Of course, if you want your garland to last, dry the flowers instead. A Beautiful Mess made this one, using instructions from Shane Powers' book Bring the Outdoors In.
- Strung marigolds are mostly associated with Indian ceremonies, and with Day of the Dead, but are stunning when hung vertically and equally amazing indoors. Check out this one from Little Ragamuffin.
- Elise, from Grow Creative, used happy Zinnias for her version.
(Images: as linked above)