Gina of Bright and Blithe blog has impressed us once again. If you've got some scrap pieces of fabric that are in need of a project, check out her easy patchwork pillow tutorial.Gina says this one is great for beginners. You'll need to cut 9 squares out of the fabric of your choice. You'll also need to get fabric for the back of the pillow (she used white cotton). Next she says to:
* Arrange your squares however you like. Keep in mind that the square in the very center will be split into four pieces. The ones in each of the four corners will remain whole.
* Stitch the squares together in strips of three. (You’ll have three strips of three squares). Press seams flat.
* Stitch the three strips together. Now you have one large patchwork square. Press the seams flat.
* Cut your square into four equal parts.
* Rearrange the parts until you get the desired effect.
* Stitch the four parts together and press the seams flat.
* Lay the backing fabric on top of the patchwork square, right sides facing.
* Stitch around the edge, leaving 3″ opening for turning.
* Turn right side out and stuff with polyfill.
* Top-stitch all the way around the pillow, 1/4″ from the outside edge, to secure the layers and seal the opening.
For the final and most important step, Gina tells us to "lay down and take a nap." You can see her step-by-step tutorial along with helpful illustration at her blog Bright and Blithe.