Although turkey decor hit the retail world months ago, I've been holding out for the perfect — non-cheesy!— harvest pieces, only to find myself two days before the big feast with nothing to show. Thankfully beauty doesn't always equal time and money and lots of grooming. This year, I'm giving thanks for simplicity, and embracing easy table ideas.
•1: Here's your excuse for gathering what's left of the beautiful fall foliage. Simply take a few and afix them to a simple votive holder with a piece of kitchen twine or raffia.
• 2: A solitary leaf makes a humble but elegant place card. Use a metallic fine-tipped paint pen to inscribe.
• 3: Mobiles add a little flair to any space, not only kids' rooms. This one is from the talented team at design*sponge. Check out complete the instructions here. We think it would look great suspended above the table, or ditch the stick and just attach the threads directly to the arms of your chandelier.
• 4. Eddie Ross makes even the humblest materials— jute twine in this case — look elegant and stylish. You can find it at any craft storm, but it comes super cheap in the garden and/ or chain/rope sections of every hardware store.
• 5. Sweet gum seed pods are the fall equivalent to the Christmas pine cone.
• 6. Pears have the most pleasing shapes. Turn the grocery store staples into an edible place card holder with a simple tag. Since many times pears are difficult to find with their stems still intact, you can also try attaching the name card with a simple push pin as in picture 7.
• 7. I love the idea of incorporating old photos into centerpieces— perfect reminders of the people we're thankful for.
• 8. Nothing says harvest feast like bountiful displays of edible arrangements. It's a simple way to appreciate the beautiful shapes and textures of the season.
• 9. We've already posted on the many ways to incorporate gourds into your tablescape, but this simple arrangement is my favorite. The loose, scattered arrangement on a simple neutral background is a great way to highlight their unique forms.
• 10. Absolutely easiest solution: use what you already have by inviting your house plants to join the table.
What simple centerpieces are going to be adorning your table on Thursday?