Since it's the place where everyone gathers at parties, we thought we'd take a look at some of our favorite magazines in search of eat-in and open kitchens that coordinate cooking and eating (two of our favorite pastimes) together stylishly. This way, the party can stay right in the kitchen all along! We found ten that we bookmarked for future reference - they encompass very different styles and budgets but all contribute good ideas.
Shown above, top row, left to right:
1. A kitchen renovation done on a budget features...you guessed it...IKEA cabinets. From Dwell.
2. This roomy kitchen allows for a full size dining table (complete with great looking bentwood chairs). Lesson: Maybe a huge island isn't always the way to go! From Domino.
3. Cream leather dining chairs add a luxe touch to a slightly retro kitchen. From House Beautiful
4. Out-of-the-ordinary wallpaper helps define and glamorize a very small dining area at one end of a galley kitchen. From Domino.
5. All the color in this kitchen comes from the pop of the bright blue chairs - the cabinets and appliances are all a neutral stainless steel. From Domino.
Shown above, bottom row, left to right:
6. An architects kitchen is streamlined and simple, with both a dining table and window seat adding to the angular, straight edged design. From Dwell.
7. A long narrow farm table combined with a window seat allows for lots of guests in a relatively small area. From House Beautiful.
8. Parisian style seating and a cafe table work perfectly with the huge wall of windows - it's outdoor-style dining in the kitchen. From Domino.
9. One of the benefits of a full size dining table in the kitchen - an extra work surface during food prep. From Domino.
10. A stainless steel fireplace echoes the stainless appliances in this kitchen dining area. From House Beautiful.
(Images via Domino, Dwell and House Beautiful)