I've been trying to take advantage of this mild August weather (unheard of in the D.C.-Baltimore area) by eating as many meals as possible in my little backyard. While my own setup's not bad, here are 10 really great spots for an alfresco dinner at home.
I love the first setting's privacy and warmth, created with a grapevine covering, rich wooden table, and string lights. With a yard in a more rural setting, you can get an opposite sense of openness from a table in the middle of the yard (Image 2). Whether you have an umbrella (Image 10), lanterns (Image 9), or string lights (Image 4) overhead, out of doors is a good place to be.
1. Isabelle & Brandon's Lovely Echo Park Cottage
3. Briana & Dominic's Beautiful Bungalow
4. Brandi Welles for Inspired By This
5. Sharyn Cairns for Home Life
7. Chicago Home magazine
8. David & Sarah
9. Joey & Gerard's France Meets California Mountain Cottage
(Images: as linked above)