Château de Lartigolle is a six-bedroom vacation rental home in Gers, France, outside of Toulouse. At first glance, it might seem far removed from American apartment living, but we think it's actually a good source of inspiration for anyone trying to achieve that tricky balance between lived-in antiques and modern style.
To recreate a similar look at home, we'd try:
- Dark brown and gray walls (look at Ralph Lauren's Vintage Masters paint collection)
- Wood and leather furniture (shop vintage and thrift stores)
- Mod artwork (like Paul Smith's LOVE wall hanging from the Rug Company)
- A wallpaper headboard (click here for the how-to)
- White bed linens and curtains
For vacation rental information and more photos, click here.