As the fall and winter seasons approach, you may be thinking about entertaining or cooking more often in your home. It is always good practice to protect your wood furniture, floor and food surfaces by adding a coat of sealer or wood finish. Below the jump you'll find five finishing products to help ensure that your surfaces are well guarded.Above the jump, from left to right
1. BioShield Herbal Oil (available at EcoHaus) is made from organic linseed oil and is solvent and lead-free. Herbal Oil can be used on food surfaces, wood floors and furniture.
2. Osmo Wood Wax Finish (available at EcoHaus) is based in natural vegetable waxes and made without biocides or preservatives.
3. Osmo Polyx-Oil ($34) is made of sunflower, soybean, and thissle oil as well as carnauba and candelilla wax.
4. Ecoprocote Acri-Soy Sealer ($35) is non-toxic and made with soy esters.
5. Vermont Natural Coatings Poly Whey Finish ($24) is made with a whey formula and low VOCs at less than 180g/L.
(Images: 1. Mark Lorch/Sutterstock, All Others: As Linked)