Other than my adoration of amazing gardens, green homes and pallet reuse, I also found myself drawn to a number of ingenious how-to, repurpose, and creative reuse posts. Anything useful with a dash of inspiration to get me going made me a little greener through the year.
1. Inspiration: Wine Bottle Reuse During the Holidays: I buy my wine based on the label design, rather than flavor. So the more ways I can use them, the better.
2. How To: Stop Your Bedroom From Making You Sick: My allergies are already bad enough, and considering how much time we spend sleeping I can use all the help I can find to prevent any more sneezing. There were a lot of tips in the post that I didn't know about and have since put into practice.
3. Favorite Repurposings For Tin Ceiling Tiles: I am absolutely obsessed with vintage tin ceiling tiles and it's my dream to have them in my future home. In the meantime these projects with salvaged ceiling tiles should tie me over.
4. Look! Recycled Architectual Plans as Wrapping Paper: Given the fact that I work at an architecture firm, I'm kicking myself for not having thought of this before. Reusing the paper will give my gift recipients a peak into the projects I'm working on and lighten the load in my recycling bin.
5. Green Style: Teacup Gift Tag: Another clever gift wrapping idea &mdash it's a shabby chic gift within a gift!
6. Drawer Front Furniture by SchubLaden: I just really love this mash-up of vintage drawer fronts &mdash the variety of combinations and looks is really fun.
7. How To: Turn Salvaged Drawers into Modular Storage: Soon after discovering the Schubladen furniture I found this drawer shelving idea, which is a great DIY that's easier on the wallet.
8. Roundup: Ways To Reuse Glass Bottles: Another great post about glass bottle reuse. One of my favorite gifts received were a set of salvaged beer bottle tumblers and I've always like the idea of using bottles as a building material &mdash they 're kind of like a structural stained glass mosaic.
9. Green Style: Old and New Green Kitchen: This is one of my favorite Green Style posts &mdash I love the color palette, the vintage details and all of the texture.
10. Stumped Lamps by Egg Collective: These stumps-turned-table-turned-light are such a bright idea. I'd love to have one by my bed.
11. Green Style: Burlap Decor: Who knew there were so many ways to reuse burlap, without it being too itchy? I love this idea and have gotten some really cool gifts for people from Etsy seller, MayaMade.
12. Green Sawn Furniture: One of the best finds of the year &mdash Green Sawn, run by Aaron Pahmier, is a Chicago-based custom designed salvaged wood furniture company. Aaron also works with his sister Megan on a separate project, Kindling, making art, candle holders and picture frames from felled wood.
13. The Story of a Bench: Part 1 and Part 2: My absolute most favorite project of the year &mdash this bench was my and my fiancé's first ever commissioned piece of furniture, made by Green Sawn. It was such a fun process and Aaron did an absolutely amazing job and we couldn't be happier.
See also: Rachel's Favorite Posts of 2009, Part 1