Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Long Island City, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love my big windows and all the sunlight, my two big closets (rare in NYC), having Cartman next to my bed, and I love the mix of mirrored furniture, metallic finishes, and bright colors. Can't forget the lego house on my bookshelf!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Sunlight = health and sanity! Other than that, I say focus on getting the items you love the most, no matter how much time/money it takes. Don't hesitate to paint anything yourself, and don't concern yourself with any "rules."
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- My bedroom is my gym, office, dining room, etc. I have to utilize every inch of space to hide any junk. My wireless printer, shipping supplies, exercise gear, and all sorts of stuff is placed under the bed for easy access every day. I keep a 5-tiered rolling kitchen rack inside one of my closets because it really is a lifesaver in terms of storage. And the other closet has a rack-doubler so I can fit more clothing. I'm lucky the closets are also tall enough inside for me to stack shoe boxes. Most of my bookshelves actually have two full rows of books (front/back), or a front row that hides other items like jewelry boxes, craft supplies, etc. Creating storage space and hiding all the junk helps me to relax and also get work done in my room.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat