Scoot Networks recently launched an electric scooter sharing system in San Francisco. The electric scooters, which are quieter and more efficient than their gas-fueled counterparts, and can get up to 30 MPH, are available to use with a monthly membership or for a single-use rate. Users can locate nearby scooters with their smartphone, which will unlock the vehicle, dock in it, and provide mapping and speed information.
The program will first be available as corporate fleets, and then for public use, with docks at hundreds of public transit stations by the end of the year. If all goes well, fleets will be provided across the US. To find out more and sign up for membership info, visit Scoot Networks.
MORE VEHICLE SHARING POSTS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Collaborative Consumption: 10 Swap & Share Sites
• Zipcar: Free Membership, Transit Pass and Driving Credit
• Green Tip: I-Go Car Sharing
• Hubway: Boston's New Bike Share Program
• Vélib: Paris's Amazing Bike Share Program
• Bicycle Sharing for the 21st Century: B-cycle is Coming
• More Bike Share Programs Across the US ...AND BEYOND!