I find relaxation very stressful. I am at my happiest when constantly engaged. (I have nerve-wracking memories of childhood vacations spent laying on the beach and thinking, "Why is my family making me lay on this beach and get sunburned? There are places to go, things to see! The world is spinning on without me!") What I want most out of a space is to be inspired, so I prefer to surround myself with color and glamour and items of age.
My dream living room would be full of rich hues; old, worn things; glamourous vintage and antiques; contrasting layers of texture; and, of course, fluffy kitty cats.
1. Red Coral Lamp, Clayton Gray Home
2. Petrie Leather Sofa, Crate and Barrel
3. Purple French Chair, Again & Again
4. Vintage Verner Panton Chandelier, One Kings Lane
5. Soroush Rug, Anthropologie
6. Distressed Chevron Parquet Floor, Grange Wood Floors
7. Stars Behind My Eyes, Amanda Wachob
8. Ragdoll Cat, because in my dream world there are no allergies
(Images: As credited above)