Even though I got a late start on my January Cure, my timing could not have been more perfect. I finally got myself started on a weekend, which meant my biggest foe was ahead: cleaning out my kitchen cupboards.
Here's the part of my list from my January Cure I had intended to tackle :
- Reduce number of place settings to 16 of one matching set
- Donate all unused tabletop decor
- Throw out damaged silverware
- Fix broken Keurig filters
- Toss expired K-cups
The funny thing about kitchens is they are repositories for "necessities" which always seem needed until there's no room for actual necessities, like food. I got my list above covered, but I also ended up tackling:
- Threw out all expired food
- Emptied out cleaning cupboard and gave away unused cleaning products
- Washed and put away dish rags
- Donated all unused mugs and cups
With considerably more drawer and cabinet space and about 50 fewer canned goods, my kitchen feels lighter and more manageable already.
MORE OF ELIZABETH'S JANUARY CURE:
(Image credits: Elizabeth Giorgi)