Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Brooklyn, NY
- Inspiration for my palette:
- My vintage Asian wall pieces led me to choose the deep turquoise color on the wall. I knew the deep hue would be a beautiful backdrop to highlight the warm red, black and green tones in the artwork. Also, the rest of my apartment is very white and filled with light, so I knew I could go dark and bold. Plus, I love strong color and couldn't just have a light white apartment... maybe one day?
- Colors used in my room
- Deep turquoise, grey, red, copper, gold, green, warm wood tones, and white.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Go with what you love! When starting a room- whether it's a bathroom, kitchen, or living room- I start with one thing I love and then build on that one thing. It could be tile, artwork, or a vase. It's best to first build upon that favorite item with other fabrics, textiles, and furniture. Wall color is usually the last thing I bring in, because there are so many color choices.
- Eclectic Sophistication
See all entries