Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- San Francisco, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that our bedroom is downstairs. It is cozy and we call it the nest. The layering of textures and objects is easily rearranged and I love the muted palette that is so texturally based except for the color splurge on the wallpaper. The lighting was something that I was going to rewire for outside but we needed some lights that wouldn't take up key nightstand real estate. I fixed one to have a muted screen instead of the 1970s avocado green and it works. His and her lamps!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Tips for creating a healthy organized and beautiful bedroom are to keep a palette that makes you feel calm and happy. Group objects and photos around functional items like your mirror. Lighting adds it's own design drama, so pick light fixtures that emphasize your intention with the style but also as in our case, are more functional, since night stand surfaces are prime real estate.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- We watch movies in bed more than our couch! The headboard is upholstered and makes reading and watching movies in bed so much more comfortable. Since we have such nice natural light during the day, on weekends we often use it to read in bed. We use it as a library as it is connected to our home office. The views from the bedroom into the office are uncluttered and lead to the outside. I am self employed and use the console and locker night stands for my work files and folders so they stay out of site but are readily available when I am working in the office.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat