Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Fishers, IN
- Inspiration for my palette:
- my love of coffee and dark, cozy spaces. My bedroom has 3 windows, so it gets plenty of light. Using a dark color grounds the whole room. It makes the furniture and accessories stand out. Putting a masculine color on the walls keeps my feminine collections (floral plates & milk glass) and fabrics from being too sweet. The balance is perfect for a room shared by my husband and I.
- Colors used in my room
- java float-a dark brownish black, accents of orange, turquoise and white
- Tips for using color successfully
- I think bold color is often more successful in a room where you can close the door. If you have an open floor plan, than I like to pick one room to use a dramatic color and keep the rest calm. I like my colors to be muddied. Nothing too bright. If you can find it in nature, most likely, it will look good on the wall.
- java float
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012