- Austin, TX
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I've always loved the look of dark walls with crisp white accents. For our living room, I wanted a retro/glamorous feel, and I think the midnight blue walls provide a nice backdrop to anything from cocktail parties, to movie screenings, to just settling in with a good book. The teal accents came mainly from a Cole & Son wallpaper that I fell in love with.
- Colors used in my room:
- "Naval" by Sherwin Williams
- Tips for using color successfully:
- I think the key to having such dark walls is to break it up with a lot of lighter accents. For example, our white DVD storage boxes really pop on what would otherwise be a drab, dark wall. Also, I like to pull color combinations from fabrics and wallpaper and work around that.
- Vintage Midnight
ATVideo of the Day