- Seattle, WA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We've been wanting to live in a space like this for years. We appreciate the building's history as a significant design from the 1930's with hints of the Art Deco era. Some of our favorite elements are the triangular bay window that lets in a ton of western light, the view of the city and mountains, the warehouse style windows, the unique archway/alcove by the front door, the hardwoods, the list goes on! This is the first place we've had together, and have enjoyed curating the furnishings to express our style. We've started to dabble in DIY projects, including the dining room table and credenza, with plans for more.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- The biggest challenge for us was stripping down our belongings to the bare essentials. We are discovering that "less is more". The items we have kept reflect the things that are important in our lives. When we can't find the exact piece to fit our needs, we enjoy designing and building exactly what we are looking for.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- If we were to win (!), we would like to figure out a storage solution in our bedroom, maybe build a shelving system along the wall. We also want to replace our dining chairs with something new that would complement the space better!
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day