- Seattle, WA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- My bedroom is my favorite spot in my 420 square foot apartment. What do I love about it? First off, it isn't supposed to be a bedroom at all, but a walk-in closet. Luckily, it has two doors, so doesn't feel claustrophobic at all, and my double bed fits in just perfectly, so now I have a little nest to sleep in.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- Organized is KEY - especially in a bedroom as small as mine. I have shallow under-bed storage baskets, as well as deep built-in cabinets at one end of the room that hold more clothes/shoes/books than you'd expect! I chose to keep the shelf above the bed clear of clutter, sticking with a simple black-and-white framed picture theme. The white linens and curtains make the room feel spacious and fresh, despite it's tiny-ness!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- I've obviously made the most of my limited apartment space by turning my closet into a bedroom, but beyond that, I use my bedroom as a retreat - keeping it free of clutter, computer lights, television, etc. It's a place to tuck into and turn off the day.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day