Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- We love that our bedroom is a room that we love being in. But we didn't always love it. It took two years and three paint color changes to find what we wanted. We salvaged the headboard from the trash room in our building, built the nightstands, built a sliding barn door to serve as the window treatment, built a small makeup room from an unused closet space, installed sliding doors to close off the space from the living room, and only bought the things (like art and bedding) that we felt we couldn't live without. We love that we took the time and put in the work to create a beautiful room, but in the end what matters most is that we love how we feel when weâre in there.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- The nicest rooms are those with as many things as needed, and nothing more. We live in a small space so thereâs a delicate balance between the room being too cluttered and too barren. Ultimately, the tip we've learned the hard (and fun) way is that taking the time to understand your personal style and what will make you happy is well worth it. If you donât love something, change it.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Our bedroom is a tiny 9'x11' space that was originally just a small alcove that could barely fit more than a bed. Building a fourth wall to delineate the space has created a clear separation between our day-to-day living space and our winding down/sleeping space. By creating a small makeup room in what used to be a closed-off closet area, we've brought in additional utility and a feeling of openness. We donât have the luxury of fancy sitting areas or even much walking around room, but I donât think thereâs anywhere weâd rather be than lying in bed, watching TV or reading a book.
See all entries