I don't know about you, but New Year's Eve is when I start thinking about tossing just about everything I own and starting over. Yes, I know that's not actually feasible, but the New Year always gets me thinking about establishing more "freshness" in my space. I like to donate books I've read, patch and paint, and dream about more expensive and monumental changes.
For this year, I've been really intrigued by the concept of white: a clean slate. While I realize that this isn't exactly practical for all lifestyles (right, moms?) I'd love to introduce more of it in 2013. Check out these all-white rooms that are inspiring me.
1. I love this room. It's so fresh and clean, plus the added minimalist touch of a blank canvas behind the bed. Perfect for reading in bed all day. Photo by homeedit.com via Nifty Thrify Decorator.
2. Not as starkly white as the first photo, this living room from Residence, via Today You Inspired Me, mixes birch and gold into a softly white environment. I love the moldings!
3. A white subway-tiled kitchen. Be still my heart. Modern, clean perfection: this one makes me want to redo my entire kitchen. Photo by Alexandra Rowley for Southern Living via My Home Ideas.
4. From Hue Amour, and one of our own Monochromatic Color Roundups, comes this beautiful living space which adopts elements of gray, dark brown, white and beige neutrals. This is my dream room. Enough said.
5. Another subtle mixure of whites, grays and browns, this space by Mark Williams Design via Decorpad is less cozy but still just as sharp. Patterned elements like the throw pillows and area rug offset the white to create a complex and texturized space.
Will you be adding any new additions of white to your living space?
(Images: as linked above)