Name: Cadee Harris, owner & aesthetician at Emerald City Eyebrows
Location: Golden Triangle, Denver, Colorado
Size: 800 square feet
Years in business: 10 years; 1 year at this location
While hunting for a new location for her business, Cadee Harris visited a shop in Denver's Golden Triangle neighborhood and instantly fell in love with the exposed brick, natural light and back patio. In less than a month she transformed the shotgun style open room into a cozy, stylish private appointment skincare salon and was open for business.
Cadee's penchant for design extends far beyond shaping brows; she up-cycled and created many pieces in the shop with a little help from her girlfriend. They constructed rolling room dividers and added antique doors with glass panes at one end to take advantage of every bit of natural light. Another noteworthy piece is Cadee's industrial table in her aesthetics room. She combined a tanker credenza with a custom acrylic top, custom cabinet doors and industrial casters to create the perfect vintage-industrial-medical supply cabinet.
From doorknobs to a glittery gold barber chair and everything in between, Cadee's perfectly curated space is a great place to spend an afternoon being pampered and inspired.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Eclectic, modern vintage.
Inspiration: The Wizard of Oz, 1930's & 40's Hollywood.
Favorite Element: The exposed brick and outdoor space.
Biggest Challenge: Maintaining the bright, open gallery feel of the space while still providing a private and cozy place for waxing and facials.
What Friends Say: "I want to live here!" or "I want to just hang out here all day!"
Biggest Embarrassment: The old brick is beautiful but crumbly! I sweep a lot!
Proudest DIY: The wall made of vintage doors, the 1960's steel credenza i customized for a perfect work station, and the custom framed flat screen hanging above the fireplace!
Biggest Indulgence: The Sputnik chandelier and my turquoise velvet fainting sofa.
Best Advice: You have the power to make your dreams happen! There's so much inspiration out there… follow your heart!
Dream Sources: Anthropologie, and Lounge Lizard vintage in Portland, Oregon!
Resources of Note:
• Pink hairpin table, coffee table, velvet painting, patio chairs, & lots of misc decor: Night & Day Vintage
• Front desk & wood bench: custom made by Sarah Heid for Emerald City
• Large Deco mirror: Decade
• Sputnik chandelier: Mod Mood
• Fainting couch: online
• Zebra rug: FLOR
• Floral arrangements & plants & pots: Babylon Floral
• Wooden & metal display boxes: Brass Armadillo Antiques
• Gold lamp: SoulHaus vintage
• kitchen dinette: family heirloom
• vintage suitcases: family heirloom
(Images: Ashley Poskin)
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.