This is the nursery that I created for my son Emerson. Only a few items were purchased brand new; most were hand made by family and friends or refinished by me.
My inspiration was my love for reading and my husband's love for computer programming and math. That was the inspiration behind the Letters & Numbers theme for my son's nursery.My favorite item in my son's nursery is the burnt orange dresser & changing table combo that I painted.
Thanks Jocelyn! Readers, see more of Emerson's room on A Day in the Life of Jocelyn.
(Images: Jocelyn Wedgeworth)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
- Ubbi Diaper Pail - purchased at Giggle
- Numbers Wall Art - DIY project with vinyl numbers, canvas and spray paint
- 1970 Dresser - Purchased off of Craigslist for $100. It used to be white and I painted it a lovely burnt orange color
- The print on the dresser - purchased off of Etsy and
- The teal and lime green lamps - purchased from Target
- Teal clock - purchased at Target
- "You Are My Sunshine..." Wall Art - DIY yourself project with vinyl letters, canvas and spray paint
- Abacus - DIY project. This abacus was made by my brother-in-law
- Changing pad cover - purchased off of Amazon
- Black bookshelf - I painted this myself
- Teal curtains - purchased online from Brylane Home
- Night stand - Purchased off of Craigslist also for only $35 and painted. I used the same black paint that I used on the bookshelf.
- Glider - The Little Castle Enchanted glider and recliner which we purchased at Walmart
- Teal foot stool with storage - purchased at Target
- Floor lamp and teal floor rug- purchased from Urban Outfitter
- Crib - purchased from Kids 'N Cribs. It is the Creations Baby Summer's Evening Sleigh Crib w/ toddler rail
- Quilt hanging over crib was sewn by my best friend to match the various fabrics in the nursery
- Crib skirt was sewn by my mother
- Quilt inside of the crib was made by my mother with fabrics we selected to match the room. The back side of the quilt is a very soft minky dot fabric.
- Crib sheets - purchased off of Amazon
- Alphabet wall - DIY project. I purchased a variety of wooden letters from Michaels and Joann's Fabric and then I spray painted them.
- Mobile - made by my best friend
- Child sized rocking chair was refinished by my grandfather
- Yarn wrapped "E" was created by my best friend as were the 3 stacking teal storage boxes