- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Mark and I love the flow from room to room, which makes the apartment feel more spacious than an open plan studio. With the three separate portions, we have a bedroom, kitchen, and living room. Mark works late often and doesn't bother me when he comes home and winds down with some TV after work, since the living room is across the apartment from the bedroom. We are also in love with the East Village and thoroughly enjoy being a part of its eclectic energy.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) Clean up after yourself! With such a small space, things like dirty dishes in the sink, clothes piled on the bed, and general disorganization really add up. In a small space, you can't hide from messes, so pick them up!
2) Get rid of excess stuff. Mark and I really focus on getting rid of unnecessary clothing and items so we can enjoy the empty spaces left behind by junk. Each time we drop things off for donation, our apartment seems much brighter and more spacious.
3) Bring life into your apartment! Plants are very forgiving and give me so much pleasure to take care of and watch the growing progress. They don't mind living in a small space, and give me a better appreciation of just how much sunlight creeps in even the North facing windows.
ATVideo of the Day