- Boston, MA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Despite the size, I feel like I never will outgrow the space. It has everything I want in an apartment: charm, function, sunlight, splashes of color, local art and an open layout. My favorite spot is the tiny porch off my bedroom. It gets amazing morning sunlight - perfect for coffee and a newspaper - and then a great view of the Boston skyline at night.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- I like to entertain, so my biggest challenge has been creating a functional dining space for a large group without cluttering my apartment, because most of the time it's just me. So I've scattered some colorful chairs around the apartment that act more as decoration, until I need to pull them around the dining room table. And when it's warm, I have several teak chairs stored in my closet that I can use for the bistro table on my porch.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- Wallpaper for the bathroom! I'm picturing a fun, poppy-colored design to brighten the space up. I am also keeping my eyes peeled for a great local oil painting to hang above my fireplace.
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day