- Denver, CO
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It's ours! And we've worked thoughtfully to make it uniquely us. Also, the size has forced us to only keep items that are either useful or beautiful (good ol' William Morris quote) so we don't feel overrun by stuff. It also gets great light and keeps us close ;)
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Storage, of course, is always a doozy. We have one closet and that's in our bedroom. We have a rule that we can only have what clothes/shoes/accessories fit in there. We did build a shed out in the backyard for seasonal gear and large items and also have some small storage in our very-low-ceilinged basement. Also, the kitchen: it gets good light on some days but it's really removed from the rest of the house and can feel really isolating when you're working back there. We haven't solved that problem. just learned to grin and bear it! Really, as in the first question, it all comes down to just not having a lot of stuff.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- If we won, we'd probably spend the money on framing some art that's rolled up in storage (framing is expensive!), buying a nice cover for one of our butterfly chairs, and building out a little nook in the basement for our daughter to have a little space of her own.