Name: Emmaline (1)
Location: Oakdale neighborhood, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Emmaline's room is full of thrifted treasures. I was inspired by using things from my childhood (white teddy bear, my old doll cradle, etc...). I also wanted to show gathering thrifty treasures can lead to a pretty, polished room that is just right for a little girl to grow into.
One of the problems I encountered in the room was most of the stuff I already had long before I even knew I was going to have a daughter. I personalized the room by adding the Emmaline pennant banner and the large wooden E. All the girl clothes, baby girl blankets and books helped too.
- The bed is from a garage sale and costs $20.
- The red vanity was a $50 Craigslist find.
- The chair (a $25 find) I painted then had reupholstered.
- The crib is a new Jenny Lind crib with hand me down linens and a $5 thrift store chevron blanket.
- Emmaline's bedside table is a $20 garage sale chair with a Tiffany plate on top and a vintage Louis Vuitton scarf from NYC.
- I love old doors and I found both of the door's in Emmaline's room at a salvage store downtown.
Thanks, Amanda! Readers, see more of Emmaline's room at Mommy is Coocoo. And click here if you'd like to know more about her yellow stenciled ceiling.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Amanda Brooke)