City: San Francisco, California
My Home: Four-bedroom townhouse
The Presidio is a former military base turned National Park on the northside of San Francisco. Packed with Eucalyptus trees, canons, trails galore and incredible architecture, this historic 'hood makes you feel like you've left San Francisco…Emmy's Guide to the Presidio
… until you find a lookout spot and peep the grand view of the Golden Gate Bridge and bay. Not to mention the free PresidiGo shuttle that takes you around the park, and commuters to and from downtown SF throughout the week.
1. Go-to Shop for Gifts
- PAPER SOURCE: 2061 Chestnut St
From Apartment Therapy: "A fantastic resource for DIY supplies, color and pattern inspiration and unique home goods."
2. Best Vintage Shop, Thrift Store, or Flea Market
- PAST PERFECT: 2224 Union Street
From Apartment Therapy: "Past Perfect is the place to go for a flea market fix in between monthly visits to the Alameda Antique Faire."
3. Favorite Coffee Shop, Café, or Restaurant
- LA BOULANGE ON UNION: 1909 Union Street
From their site: "Our passion is to bring a little piece of France to your neighborhood!"
4. Best Place to Pick Up Groceries
- REAL FOODS: 3060 Fillmore Street
From their site: "The Real Food Company is committed to providing our customers fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables grown with the use of sustainable practices."
5. Best Place to Buy Flowers
- HANA ICHI: 2456 Chestnut St
From Stuff D. on Yelp: "Very good quality flowers at more reasonable prices."
6. Best Neighborhood Park
- JULIUS KHAN: Located on the Presidio’s southern border along West Pacific Avenue
From the Park Service: "'JK' (as it is popularly known) includes swings, sandboxes, lawns, and tennis courts."
7. Best Spot to Take Visitors
- The beautifully landscaped area below Lucas Films (on Gorgas Ave in the Presidio)!