CFL lighting is quite common now, but soon enough we predict LED lighting will overtake compact fluorescents, thanks to their superb energy efficiency and arguably their overall better form factor. On average, LED lighting should consume less energy than other sorts of lighting technology readily available. Their small size also allows for some pretty interesting designs, specifically for LED task lamps for the home offifce.
1. LIM Task Light This long table lamp is ultra slim and was designed by Pablo Pardo. The L-shaped arm conceals a plethora of high-powered LEDs for maximum light coverage. The base unit allows you to adjust the placement of the arm. The lowest we've found this lamp is $255 including shipping.
2. Kelvin LED Table Lamp This lamp from FLOS has a swiveling head and an articulated arm, meaning that you can move it around when you need a bit more light. You switch it on and off by touching its head. The only sad thing is that it is quite expensive.
3. Z-Bar High Power Desk Lamp This lamp was released a few years ago, but it still looks distinctive, no matter where it is placed. Check out the full review from ReNest here. Initially, this light was expensive, but the cost has come down to $139, making is somewhat affordable.
4. Brazo LED Lamp While it's still somewhat expensive at $357, it's still a beautiful light. The lamp has 18 LEDs to keep your work area nice and bright.
5. IKEA Jansjö If you want to try an LED table lamp without spending too much money, then you should try the Jansjö from IKEA. It's perfectly suitable and will only cost you $10.