I recently asked my friend and fellow colorist Emmett Fiore at Fine Paints of Europe what he had cooking, and these are the first photos he sent me. For an inexpensive way to brighten your home's exterior, why not try a new treatment around the front door?
The colors are from Fine Paints of Europe's Classic collection, and here we are offered variations on a theme, going English Rose on the door instead of typical blood red. Complementary color leads up to the moment, whereupon we can just see that door bursting open with a big Hallelujah.
FINE PAINTS OF EUROPE
• Door - 232A English Rose
• Storm Door - 211A Golden Wonder
• Sunburst & sidelights - 5034t Coachlight
• Porch Frame - 94A Dense Shrub
• Porch Frame Highlights - 3083D Willow Branch
- Mark Chamberlain, interior and decorative painter
(Re-edited from a post originally published 11.24.09 - NM)