If you've ever installed fiberglass insulation, you know the irritation it can cause to your skin. EnGuard is a glass-free version made from recycled plastic bottles and high performance fibers—the same fibers found in baby diapers, apparel and bed linens.
EnGuard insulation is a great alternative to traditional fiberglass batts with similar insulating properties, but much better human health and environmental implications.
EnGuard takes recycled PET plastic, combines it with pre-consumer recycled polyester content and turns it into insulation. While it's not as sexy sounding as denim insulation, it's definitely a huge improvement over other alternatives.
Here are some of the main benefits of EnGuard:
- 100% formaldehyde free – No carcinogens, no VOCs
- 100% polyester – used in baby diapers, feminine care, hygiene, apparel, etc.
- Hydrophobic – won't absorb moisture
- No respiratory or skin irritation issues – no protective gear for installation
- 100% recyclable
- Made from recycled plastic bottles and other post-consumer material
- No long term degradation – sustainable energy efficiency
- Friction-fit installation
- Superior acoustics
- Superior compression/recovery