The sun is shining, people are smiling and the birds are singing. What does that mean? Summer is in full swing. It'll be gone before you know it, so don't let it pass you by without taking full advantage of all of its little treasures.Have A Picnic Whether it's at the beach, the park, the woods, or your backyard, there's nothing like throwing down a few blankets and picking away at some lovely goodies to make you feel relaxed and carefree.
- 3 DIY Blankets to Solve Picnic Problems
- Classic Picnic Tables...With a Twist
- Best Sources for Picnic Equipment
Throw A Party: Summer is synonymous with parties. Gather your friends and/or family, good food, swell drinks and get the memory making started.
- Al Fresco Party Ideas and Invitations
- Affordable Outdoor: Summer Party Lights
- 5 Essentials for Your Outdoor Party Kit
- Sun-Drenched Vintage Inspired Outdoor Party
DIY It Up: It's a good time to take on one of those diy projects you have been putting off. Need some ideas? Here's a few to peruse…
- 25 DIY Projects That Cost Less Than $50
- Roundup: Creative Spray Paint Projects for the Home
- Roundup: DIY House Projects
Travel: Have you been saving up your vacation days for the warm weather? Or waiting for the winter semester to end? Or waiting for the kids to be out of school? Well, now's your chance. Find it, book it, enjoy it!
- 10 Ways to Get Organized for Summer Travel
- Summer Suitcase: Tips for Packing Lightly
- Packing Checklist for a Perfect Road Trip
Staycation: If you don't find yourself being swept away to some fabulous destination this summer, it doesn't mean you can't 'get away'. Staycations have become increasingly popular and quite often preferable.
- Staycation Variation: Escape From Your Home, But Not Your Hometown
- Staycation Idea: Trade Homes with Friends
- 6 Ways To Make A Staycation Feel More Like A Vacation
- The Locavore Staycation: 5 Fun Things To Do This Summer
Keeping Cool and Calm: If you find yourself living in an area where the summer heat is less than desirable and the bugs are out of control, here are a few things to keep in mind over the coming months.
- Here Comes Summer: How to Keep Your Cool No Matter How Hot it Gets
- 5 Seriously Smart Tips For Summer Living
And last but certainly not least, don't forget to wear your sunscreen!
(Image: Alysha Findley)