Go ahead; put your food on a pedestal. After all, it’s the holidays and chances are, whatever you’ve cooked up this season completely deserves the extra attention. Once only bandied about by high-fallutin’ pastry chefs, cake stands are becoming the go-to pedestal of choice for entertaining-istas and stylists everywhere. Sure, you can use a cake stand to display your cake (and it will be perform marvelously)! But how about to show off your macaroon mastery or to present your cheese plate perfection? Add a bowl to the center and your crudité is elevated and elegant. Use a small stand (or better yet, stack a large and a small one) to create a stage for your cupcake creations.
When not in use, a cake stand becomes the ultimate display case and stage for creativity too. You can use it to craft a show-stopping centerpiece, keep your china under wraps, or to transform small plants into a terrarium. The possibilities are limitless!
Want more ideas?
1. Roundup: Ways to Put Your Cake Stands to Work
2. Fun Flower Decor Ideas From Sweet Paul
3. Pretty Vintage Display
4. DIY Cupcake Stand for Displaying Items
Do you have a cake stand? If so, how do you use it? For entertaining, or for something more…unusual?
1. Galvanized Cake Stands, Neiman Marcus. Short $50, Tall $90, Large $110.
2. The Bimboveloce Cake Stand by Alessi, Velocity Art & Design $210.
3. Black And White Monogram Cupcake Dessert Pedestal, Etsy Shop elizalee17 $15.
4. Stacking Cake Pedestal - Purple Butterflies, John Derian Company $320.
5. DIY - Renee's Stands, Weddings and Cookies via design*sponge. Under $50.
6. Martha Stewart Collection Whiteware Cake Stands, Macys.com. $14.99-$39.99.
7. Blacksmith Stand with Dome, Pottery Barn $49.
8. Pedestal Cake Stands, ZGallerie. 10.5" $24.95, 14.5" $26.95.
9. Footed Cake Platter with Dome, Crate & Barrel $56.95.
10. Karlotta Cake Stand - 8.5" Diameter, The Conran Shop $95.
Images: As linked above.