We've never been lucky enough to have had a coat closet. When we do entertain guests, coats and purses usually go straight on our bed. But recently, we got a new duvet cover and didn't want it to be hidden under piles of outerwear. We rounded up a few ideas of where to hang coats and purses when entertaining. Let us know how you handle a similar situation after the jump.
- Digging through the Apartment Therapy archives, we uncovered this awesome idea from a reader. When space is scarce, hang coats on the shower rod. That way, coats stay off the bed and it keeps the space uncluttered. This idea is especially great for studio apartments when entertaining.
- Try and make extra room in your clothes closet. For one evening, take down a handful of garments from your closet and fold them into your dresser. By clearing space in your closet, coats won't end up hanging out in the living room.
- Clear off all of your over-the-door hooks to make room for purses. You could also suggest that guests hang their purses on the handles of your bedroom and closet doors.
- If there are one or two chairs in your homes hallway or bedroom, place coats on the chair back and seat. When you're entertaining in a small space, the last thing you want is coats and purses cluttering up prime real estate in the living room.
- 5 Coat Racks For Small Spaces
- Top 10 Coat Racks
- Dilemma: When Your Front Door Opens Directly Into Your Living Room
(Images: Look!: S Hooks In An Entryway Closet)