Swedish paint company Colorama is one of those sites we keep bookmarked for design ideas. They're always updating their archives with inspiring ways to use paint and wallpaper. Skimming through a gallery of entryway photos led us to some good ideas.
- A grand staircase needs special treatment: paint, wallpaper, a pair of well-chosen sconces, and an antique entryway table and chair. Even if you don't have an extravagant entrance, details like these can add a sense of grandeur to your space.
- The entryway shelf in this image looks like a drawer that's been drilled into the wall. It's a clever idea, especially because it's the perfect size for books.
- Leaning bookshelves are space savers and, unlike hanging shelves, they don't require you to leave your walls full of holes. If you live in a small rental, consider trying one near your front door to hold shoes.
- High-contrast color combinations can be really striking in an entryway. If you have light floors, try a deep, rich wall color. If your floors are dark, pale walls will make the space more pronounced.
- An entryway is the perfect space to introduce bright color, since it's small, unencumbered by furniture, and it's a chance to set the tone for the rest of your home.