Name: Gordon Gekko
Location: Bizzi & Partners' New Setai Hotel/Condo on 36th and Fifth Avenue
Size: 2500 square feet — 3 bedroom condo & 58th floor
Years lived in: 3 months
Richard Hallberg designed this penthouse apartment for a fictitious client — Gordon Gekko, infamous bachelor of the recent sequel, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps for this years Designer Visions: Cinema Style.
"Integrity is the theme, says Hallberg. "So the apartment is about beautiful design and collecting quality." Taking the best at his disposal, the designer juxtaposes 18th and 21st-century furniture with modern art and Roman antiquities.
The apartment is all about contrast — playing black against white, with the occasional striking color added to dramatic effect. Gekko is an extreme character, so there was no need for subtlety. Hallberg left a number of clues around the home to make it clear who lives here and what he does for a living.
- • Woven black leather wallcovering: Phillip Jeffries
• Cowhide patchwork rug with leather binding: Mansour
• Sarus desk lamp: David Weeks/Ralph Pucci
• Quarry console: Formations
- • Wall color: Ralph Lauren in Mother of Pearl
• Drapery fabric: Duralee
• Twig wall sconces: Vaughan
• Lens table: Holly Hunt
- • Linens: Wamsutta
• Gold Alpaca throw: Crate & Barrel
• Black fabric headboard: Duralee
• Mattress, topper: Hastens
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.