Location: Denver, Colorado, City Park neighborhood
When my husband and I bought our 1907 home three years ago it had suffered years of neglect. We're still slowly restoring the inside, but have recently started to take on the exterior spaces as well.
Last summer we demolished the red brick planters in front of the house, put in irrigation and plants, and painted the stained green concrete. The porch ceiling is blue in homage to our southern roots.
I was able to furnish the porch for under $200, and this summer the focus is on ENJOYING the space we have created. It's the perfect place to sip coffee in the morning or read (and people watch) in the afternoon. Our dogs love it too!
• Rug, Crate & Barrel, $95
• Cane chair, owned, cushion recovered with fabric from some old curtains
• Bench made from three chairs I found on Craigslist for $30
• Pillows, DIY, about $40
• Stump table rescued from an alley, free
(Images: reader Erin)
• SUBMIT YOUR OUTDOOR SPACE OR PROJECT
• MY GREAT OUTDOORS ARCHIVE