Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Columbus, OH
- Inspiration for my palette:
- This is the first room you see after walking through our front door. We wanted to create a bright, child-like sense of happiness, and to make it a real joy to be home together as a family. Most of our furniture has been rehabbed by us. Whether dyeing our couch slipcover by hand (to cover child-made stains), replacing a glass top on our coffee table with a vintage cupboard door, painting and adding new hardware to a buffet-turned-television stand (from Habitat's Restore) or hauling home and breathing new life into a cast-off hutch, we have made this room very "us."
- Colors used in my room
- Pale blue, aqua, chocolate brown, sunny orange, and lime.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Don't be overwhelmed by color; It adds so much life and personality to a room. Also, don't be afraid to mix colors and patterns. They can work together cohesively, if done correctly.
- Happy to be Home
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2013