Are you frozen? After weeks of temps hovering near or below zero, I'm officially over winter. These freezing conditions are good for one thing, though: sitting in my sweats on the couch with Netflix.
Here are eight picks streaming on Netflix right now that are sure to feel like an escape from this endless winter.
1. Pretty in Pink: John Hughes movies are like a healthy dose of Vitamin D. They're sunny, heartfelt, and always leave you wanting more.
2. An Idiot Abroad: Arguably one of the best travel shows ever created, this travel log sends Ricky Gervais's longtime pal Karl across the globe in adventures so hilarious, you'll book a trip to relive his experiences.
3. Some Like it Hot: Though the title doesn't refer to temperatures, I wouldn't argue with 80 degrees right about now. No, this Marilyn Monroe classic is all about appeal and lust, and is definitely worth checking out.
4. Young Adult: Ok, so it's a little harsh, but there's nothing like watching someone else have a tough time to make it super obvious that you're doing alright. Charlize Theron looking like a hot mess makes her superhuman gorgeousness seem more tolerable when I've been wearing yoga pants for three days.
5. Bob's Burgers: I'll be the first to admit that I was skeptical about Bob's Burgers. It's an animated Fox Show that could easily be more Family Guy than Adventure Time. Turns out, this family is its own special blend of awesome, thanks in huge part to the vocal stylings of the effervescent Kristen Schaal.
6. Amelie: If any movie could be described as magical, it's this one. Pure, fun, beautiful, and magical.
7. Orange is the New Black: No one will stop talking about this show, and with good reason. It's just must see viewing.
8. Girls Just Want to Have Fun: 80s Sarah Jessica Parker is my favorite SJP. I know, it's not a popular opinion, especially with SATC era SJP as a universal favorite. But give this corny movie a chance and tell me you're not smiling like a hungry piranha afterwards.
(Image credits: Screengrab via Screenmusings.org)