What a coincidence. Friends of ours just returned from a honeymoon stay at Solage, a newly opened hotel and spa in Napa Valley. And yesterday, we spotted a write-up on the place in the latest issue of Metropolitan Home.
What we find most appealing isn't the cool furnishings or the relaxing spa treatments or the fact that its proximity to San Francisco makes it an easy getaway. According to the Solage website, the resort has implemented a number of green initiatives:
- Furnishings, flooring and other elements created from reclaimed, natural products
- Cuisine featuring locally grown produce largely from small, organic farms
- Naturally heated geothermal spa pools
- Reclaimed water for grounds irrigation
- Landscaping featuring drought-tolerant plants
- Method� non-toxic cleaning products used in all guest rooms and public areas
- Green Sheets program allows guests to help conserve water usage
And did we mention that canine companions are welcome here, too?
Rooms at Solage start at $325/night.