Being a tourist is a good thing! Seeing new-to-you parts of the world (even if they are in your own city) always seems to positively impact all parts of life at home, including the design of your own spaces. Here is a look back at some of our posts about travel destinations, items and displays that are perfect for giving Boxing Day armchair travelers a little dose of design inspiration...
• Fashionably Designed Digs in Amsterdam: A Look Inside The Exchange Hotel
• That Time I Bought a Kilim in Istanbul's Grand Market
• Two Weeks in Umbria
• Mediterranean Resorts with Style
• Visual Escapes: Travel Photography with a Local Feel
• Escaping Aboard the Orient Express
• Exploring / Design: Zanzibar Style
• Escape Style: Souvenirs on Display
• Capri Chic: Design Ideas from the Capri Tiberio Palace
• Travel the World From Home: Vintage Travel Posters
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.