Camping with a twist.
Montreal-based designer Alexandre Verdier has transformed the classic hippy VW Westfalia into a cool green machine. Powered by a 200 hp hybrid (fuel or diesel) and electric engine, it also has solar panels on the camper roof. It won a Special Prize at the 2006 Caravan Salon Dusseldorf.
Check out some of its other features below:
• A sliding half-door on the passenger side has an integrated folding staircase, which makes the second stage area accessible from outside the vehicle
• The passenger seat is transformed mechanically into stairs, so that the second stage area can be easily reached from inside
• A swivel cooking range makes it possible to cook outside as well as inside
• In the second stage area, a dividing wall with a sliding door and multiple windows is made of a thick and expandable fabric
• Multi-media computer with a wireless Internet connection -- it includes a weather-optimized travel plan that follows the sun, a campground directory, and an energy consumption dashboard
All yours for a mere $69,000.
(Via Jetson Green)