As much as I love my West Elm pin-tucked bedding, I do get tired of seeing it on endless blogs, on house tours, in shelter mags, and so on. My husband and I have dressed it up in our own style, but sometimes I still wish I'd gone with something for our bed that wasn't mass-produced. Check out these gorgeous options for handmade bedding on Etsy.
Handmade bedding on Etsy seems to fall into five categories: the ultra-feminine; the simple and rustic; the mod and funky; the graphic silkscreened. I didn't get into quilts here, because there are just so many, but stuck instead to handmade duvet, sheet, and pillowcase sets. Have a look:
• 1 Beckoning Creatures king-size duvet cover, $130 from Plum Pretty Sugar.
• 2 Modern Elements of Nature bedding ensemble, includes full/queen duvet and shams, $275 from NBloom789.
• 3 Entrechat duvet cover, $135 from DesignYourHome. All elements of bedding set are available.
• 4 Hemstitched 100% linen bed set, includes duvet cover and one pillowcase, $99.99 from LinenMe. Bespoke sizes available.
• 5 Perfectly pleated hemp/cotton pillow covers, $34 from NikkiDesigns. Available in other colors; matching sheets and duvet also available.
• 6 Modern duvet, throw pillow, and body pillow, all made from Herman Miller upholstery fabric, $275 for the set from ModBeds.
• 7 Antiqued whale pillowcase pair, $18 from Branch Handmade.
• 8 Lovebirds twin duvet set, $210 from NightByrd. Includes duvet cover and two shams.