The first few are all from one of our favorite Etsy vintage mavens, Ethanollie:
• 1 Vintage decanters, especially those with imperfections like peeling gold leaf, are so elegant. These are $30 each.
• 2 Tarnished hotel silver provides such a nice moody contrast with a fresh spring bloom. This little pitcher is $22.
• 3 We love the idea of making tiny little arrangements in vintage egg cups. If you're growing succulents, you can even take cuttings from them and plant them in these little vessels to give away as favors at a spring dinner party! $8 apiece.
And some more fun vases/not-vases:
• 4 Vintage pyrex has such a sweet and nostalgic look. Etsy's got tons of it. These little cups are from RedPopShop, $8 for the set of four. They're look adorable marching down a windowsill loaded up with some lavender or azaleas.
• 5 An old test tube rack gets a glamorous makeover as an edgy, modern set of bud vases. $30 from TwoArtDirectors.
• 6 A vintage soda crate makes a great centerpiece with little jars of flowers nested inside. You can even use small plastic cups to hold the water and flowers; just fill with enough stems to disguise the cups. $25 from ShaneLilyRain.
• 7 The same principle works with a lovely old tea tin, since it won't be water-tight: just nestle another container inside (like a plastic yogurt or sour cream container), with some wadded newspaper to hold it in place. This floral tin would look lovely with some moss mounded on top. $20 from ModishVintage.
• 8 Milk bottles, with their narrow necks, make particularly nice vases, and topography lovers will dig the graphics. This set of 3 from AGoodVintage is in especially nice condition, and the writing is so pretty. $29.
(Images: As linked above)