We started these holiday "sneak peeks" last month and we're getting to the point now where these products aren't previews anymore — they're out on the shelves and being bought. Since we've reviewed the holiday collections from big names like IKEA, Anthropologie, and Crate & Barrel, we thought we should also review the biggest handmade marketplace for holiday decor — Etsy!Etsy's different from the other retailers mentioned because it's an aggregate of a bunch of small, independent businesses. Although it's harder to identify an overall theme for the whole site, there are definite trends happening in the world of home crafted holiday decor, and they're the same trends we've been seeing for a while now: pendant garlands, felted decor, pom poms, screen-printed tea towels, and animal-themed prints. We've rounded up a few examples, shown above and linked below.
What do you think? Are you a fan of the handmade modern holiday, or are you tired of these DIY trends?
To see Etsy's full holiday category, click here.
• Tabletop Timber Christmas Tree, $145 from redzebradesigns
• Tiny Pinecone Candles, $10 for 4 from peaceblossomcandles
• Yarn Felt Argyle Wreath, $40 from ItzFitz
• DIY Paper Ornament Kit, $4.50 from PaperArtByCNM
• Tiny Flag Merry Christmas Bunting Banner, $12 from biyDAYpartyshop
• Noel Pom Kit, $5 from pomtree
• Herds Pillows from SkinnyLaminx, $30
• 2011 Organic Calendar Tea Towel, $25 from curiousdoodles
• Pair of Vintage Brass Reindeer, $52 from HighStreetMarket
• Custom Family Silhouette Ornament, $34