Name: Evan (newborn)
Location: Columbus, Ohio
After months of scheming, planning, and DIYing, we finally finished the nursery for our baby boy! We put together this eclectic vintage modern room on a budget coming in under $700 total for everything.
Saving money with lots of thrifted and reused items and handmade projects, we were able to splurge on a few bold pieces like the striped rug that really makes this room pop! Bright and playful fabrics used for pillows, frames, and even to cover a lampshade bring life to this little boy's adventurous room!
- Dresser- vintage purchase from Boomerang Room in Clintonville and painted white with black hardware
- Lamp- thrift store find painted black and fitted with a DIY lampshade from Cotton + Steel fabric a a kit from I Like That Lamp
- Gallery Wall- created with thrifted frames sprayed in a uniform black and fitted with fabrics and prints we already owned
- Changing pad cover- handmade with more Cotton + Steel fabric
- Blue cart- Ikea
- Crib- Ikea
- Mobile- handmade project (this was quite a fun DIY!)
- Pillows- handmade with vintage fabric
- Floating book shelves- another DIY project that we custom made for the room
- Cloud hangers- a hand down from my father that he made for my younger brother's room, repainted white
- Diaper bag- Orla Kiely for Target (actually a yoga bag but who cares!)
- Reading lamp- Target
- Chair- vintage Homecrest chair that we already had out in the backyard. We resprayed it black and fitted it with a few handmade pillows (more Cotton + Steel fabric!)
- Rug- Crate & Barrel
- Stool- handmade DIY project
- Bookshelf- a piece I have had for 10+ years that was in my teenage bedroom. Refreshed with another coat of white paint
- Baskets- Target (fabric one handmade by grandma)
- Evan's book- handmade DIY project
Thanks, Chelsea! Readers, visit Chelsea at her blog Farm Fresh Therapy.