- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The apartment itself is sheltered from the street, making it quiet and very cozy. The size, although small, has forced me to evaluate the necessity of everything in my home and has cut down on frivolous consumption. Having a studio this tiny makes designing and resdesigning is a near-daily event; even the smallest of edits can change the look of the room (and my mood). Oh, and it's above an ice cream shop...so that's nothing to sniff at.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) Consider function before price. It could be $10,000 or $10--if it's not practical it's worthless just the same.
2) Money does not equal good taste, and a price tag is not a signifier of quality. Something only becomes valuable when you imbue it with meaning, so keep your eyes peeled for great deals and don't discount anything!
3) Surround yourself with the things you love -- you're the one that has to wake up to it every morning. Don't take yourself too seriously, and have fun with it!